Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Macbeth - Blog Entry #1


Peer Pressure


     In certain situations peer pressure could be good but most of the time its not a good thing. A group of friends could be giving their friend good advice but that person might want to do something completely different. In that case, those people are just being good friends by looking out for one another. Unfortunately, most of the time kids, teens, and even adults are exposed to negative peer pressure where they are 'forced' and or 'convinced' to do something that they don't necessarily want to do. Ex: drinking, drugs, smoking cigarettes.

     In the end, that person who is exposed to negative peer pressure will most likely end up giving into it because apparently "everyone else is doing it." and they want to fit in too. However, people with a strong character won't ever take someone bossing them around or telling them that they should go do something stupid with them. They would do the smart thing and say no to whatever witless idea that their friends had.

     For me, my close friends have a great impact on the choices I make, but in the end it's my decision. None of their feedback or advice is negative or would put me in a bad situation. No one in my friend group has ever pressured another friend or myself to do something stupid that they didn't want to do. Real friends would never put you in that position and if they did then I would have the will power and the intelligence to say no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment